PWD Stormwater Project
- Two neighborhood projects: Wister Woods and K? Park
- Rain gardens being installed in parks to act a rainwater filtration and sequestration system to reduce CSO issues.
- Construction will likely start around March 24th
- Water should drain within 72 hours, quick enough to not have mosquito problems
- Overflow systems will divert back to sewer system, so no flooding
- Nicolas DelColal (?) is point of contact
- Projects will be maintained as normal infrastructure, including trash/dumping cleanup.
- phillywatersheds.org/communityinputform, Connie Chang would review. Apply as group, with connections listed.
- No additional amenities will be added as part of construction
- RainCheck, program for CSO residents that help pay for stormwater reduction projects
Sarah K. Small Business Survey
- Gauging interest types of business that people would want to spend their money on.
- General interest in anything, including cafe, grocery store, etc.
- Local art, night time events, booze(?), internet access
Brotherly Love @ 234 E Penn St
- By appearance, it seems there is a rehab house operating
- L&I has been called and issues filed
- As an RCO, our members have expressed opposition. They are running a website which appears to be the house in question which claims to be operating as Brotherly Love.
- Contacts are being made to the current owners
- Trying to register it as a historical house, will there be a detriment to future rehab work?
- April 5th, we’ll be signing up for the usual area, around
- Gtown Restoration CDC, RCO meeting wants to meet up to discuss the cleanup – March 24th
Germantown Kitchen Garden
- Farmstand is opening in May!
- http://germantownkitchengarden.com will have details in the future
Wakefield & Penn St House Collapse
- Steve Porreca, Construction compliance supervisor (215) 685-2276
- Ross will send out primer on Brotherly Love situation for use in calling L&I
- Next meeting is May 6th