Baynton Hill Neighbors
Called to order @ 7:08pm
- SEPTA fence art work is stockpiled at Rich’s house
- Soliciting contact info for the surrounding apt. complexes
- Germantown RCO Collective has invited us to a cross neighborhood group of community group.
- Community relations representatives came to discuss Wister Station
- Apologises for the state of the landscaping, will keep on top of it. Please let them know if it happens again.
- Replacing damaged wrought iron fence with an ‘estate fence’, six foot high aluminum, should be up soon.
- Kids are throwing rocks off the overpass at Belfield. If you witness, call police.
- Police are being more responsive to SEPTA needs
- Additional signage is being put together for the Rufe St side of the station.
- Who should we call when there are nuisance or unsafe crowds? Notify police of time/places and they will put it on their regular patrol.
- Could LaSalle be interested in providing security box or other security efforts
- Q: Extend the inbound-side road from Wister Street? A: No plans at this time. Bollards are in place to prevent dumping.
- 580-7800: messages will be sent to police.
- Can we get organized for a group/escort for the people getting off at the station?
- Concern about the herbacide use. SEPTA: we are mostly mandated to spray to keep things clear.
- Q: Community adoption? Could we have access to open space for plantings? A: We are open to collaboration if certain legal requirements are met.
- Form a commitee to discuss care of landscapable areas
234 E Penn St
- Brotherly love house was discussed at last meeting.
- Email was read from Cindy Bass’ office, she will not support their request.
- Rep. Kinsey representative email was read, he will not support their request.
- Gtown CDC (local RCO) will let us host a zoning change meeting, and they will support our stance.
- Work seems to have stopped, have said all options are on the table.
- A draft petition was read to state our opposition to the current plan as a residence treatment facility.
- An updated draft will be produced based on feedback.
- A proposal to get a zoning lawyer was pitched, without much feedback.
- We should watch the zoning schedule to make sure we see any adjustment requests.
- We are happy that there are no squaters living in there this summer.
- Penn St house was demolished, partial across the st.
- Car breakins at the apt complex on Baynton, seems like their coming from the railroad side.