Baynton Hill Neighbors Association
July 30, 2013
In Attendance: Amanda Staples, Matt McFarland, Chris & Helen Nicholson, Ross Henessey, Tom, Alexa, Rick, Dorsey
5345 Baynton St
- We believe Michael Holland has a successful bid on the Baynton St lot.
- Glenn Bergman is still interested in the lot, but we have not heard directly from him.
- Septa/City came by and cleaned up the Rufe St approach to the Wister Station
- Ross wants a sign to indicate the station entrance
House for Sale
- Our friends at 410 E Bringhurst are selling their house. Polling for interest.
- Matt is putting together a website to host our meeting notes.
- Are email addresses available for officers? – Yes
- We should put up a form for people to sign up.
RCO with City
- Bylaws, schedule, boundaries are required.
- We need to pick a recurring date for meetings so the city can post on their calendar.
- First Tuesday of the month, skip Aug 6th
Issues with draft/current bylaws
- Consensus votes – should apply to all decisions,
- Voting Memberships: A membership list should be kept which defines the voting members, which require meeting attendence (50% of meetings in last 6 months)
- Non-voting, generally interested in the group and meet eligibility requirements
- Quorum Requirement for Vote
- Lower the age requirments to 16
- Presidental term limits? Debated no confidence votes vs regular elections.
- Election of Officers: Majority Vote
- Change of Bylaws: Consensus – 1
- Dispensing of Funds: Consensus – 1
- All things but elections: Consensus – 1
- Quorum Amount: 51% of Voting Members must be present for a vote
- Membership/Attendance lists must be kept at each meeting
- Term Limits: tabled until next meeting
- Empower the group to invite neighbors to our meetings
- Sept. 15th, 2013 – before dark (5pm)
- Front yard BBQ/Picnic
Wakefield Block captain was contacted: Florence Palmer
Discussed helping as a group with the derelict house next to Tom (143 E Coulter St)
Next meeting: 9/3/2013
- (Amanda, Matt) Gun Violence form letter
- (Matt) Email address/system
- People will contact lawyerly people for help
- Can we use relaim philly for “hotspot” map?