Baynton Hill Neighbors Association
June 13, 2013
In Attendance: Amanda Staples, Matt McFarland, Chris & Helen Nicholson, Ross Henessey, Tom ???, Darcy
What do you like and dislike about your neighborhood?
Things people like : Quiet, Trees, Friendliness of neighbors, Old architecture, Contrast of City/Country look and feel
Things people don’t like : Violence, blight, stupid street trees, trash/litter, lack of resturants
- We would like to finally approve the bylaws. The city has possibly changed the applicaiton process to be a little easier.
- Reviewed the proposed bylaws
- By next meeting (July) we will formalize a document, feedback is requested by the end of June
- 5345 baynton St (Empty Lot).
- Michael Holland is moving into Penn St awaiting his negotiations with the city on this lot.
- Glen B. has expressed interest in the lot as well and was upset to discover there were plans in the works for it.
- We encourage attendence at BHNA meetings to discuss these issues.
- The group has no formal response or endorsement, however we can act as a forum to hear plans and provide individual feedback.
- Block Captain
- Ross has not gotten his signature yet for his candidacy, so no movement yet
- Coulter St captain could not be located, no official captain is registered
- Gun Violence
- Shooting on Wakefield/Coulter.
- Apparently shooting started blocks away and continued to Wakefield. Police reported no injuries.
- Wondering what we can do, options aren’t apparent. We’d like to send letters to those in the city whose jobs regard public safety.
- Contacts in local apartment
- The current group members would like to establish more contacts with the residents of the apartments on the block
- Should we have a block party/neighborhood party?
- Road Construction (New Pipes)
- New gas line on Church Ln on Baynton Ave.
- We don’t know how much construction, or how long it will last, or what the street closures will be like.
- 234 E Penn St Auction
- Up for auction on June 2?. The Jukowski’s are interested in attending to see what happens and possibly make a bid
- Email policy
- The art work on Rufe St is covered with weeds, we’d like to free them up again
- Announcment for the “Imperfect Gallery”’s fundraising effort.
- Maplewood mall has several events the next two weekends regarding Juneteenth and also the revitalization of the mall.
- Proposed new meeting date: Monday July 15th, 7pm
- (Matt) Make a map of our boundaries for the bylaws document
- (All) Review bylaws document and provide feedback via email by July 1st
- (Ross) Check Wakefield, Penn, Lena St block captains
- (Matt) Draft letters for local politician regarding our conern for gun violence
- (Matt) Chop up some weeds around the art work on Rufe St