5301 Germantown Ave – Ken W. & Sarah K.
- Developing campus at 4811 Germantown Ave, Germantown & Roberts and 2 more on Old Stenton Rd
- Proposed: Health food cafe & Community space in the ground floor of the renovated residential space.
- Residential ‘Group Home’ non-profit of some sort is likely going into the building, but Ken is unwilling to make any comment.
- Market rate apartments will make up residential portion.
- Entire project should be completed by the end of summer 2014
New Location – Kathy
- New meeting location at Wister Recreation Center, same time. Address will be updated on the website when we know it.
New Officers – Ross
- New officers needed for President. Matt, Jim and Ross will meet as a small committee to discuss a process.
Time Bank – Jesse
- timebank.org – do a service for somebody, receive a “time dollar” which can be redeemed for work from other time-bankers.
- Jesse will volunteer to coordinate and canvas the neighborhood in service of it
240 E Penn St – Joe
- Group/Service home operates without proper zoning.
- Joe attended hearing, spoke with Assistant City Solicitor who said Municipal Court would be for assigning fines for code infractions.
- It is unclear as to the exact nature of the organization at the property
- We believe there is not proper zoning, and we would like to be notified when they do. We oppose a change a variance without a presentation or hearing to the group.
234 E Penn
- An L&I Inspector is scheduled to walk through the house. We suspect they may be moving out furniture prior to the inspection.
Waring House – Joe
- Researching ownership, but is a murky situation.
- Joe would like to submit the house for Historic Certification
- Ross is concerned that it would impose too strict a cost for future rehabilitation.
Next meeting is June 3rd @ Wister Rec Center